Paint in Provence with Hazel Soan
Hazel Soan loves to paint almost anywhere that offers a good range of subject matter. Provence has a special light and a wonderful rural and old world atmosphere.
You will be based in the charming little town of Uzes, which is slightly off the beaten track. The main square is surrounded by covered arcades and shaded with plane trees. There’s a Ducal Palace, a 17th century cathedral, three towers of different ages and styles, many lovely Renaissance houses and a local produce market twice a week.
Three days will also be spent painting outside of Uzes, benefiting from other fabulous locations in the region. Avignon is a must – it’s one of the finest and most beautiful towns in Provence.Lying on the banks of the Rhone River and peppered with bell towers emerging from a mass of pink roofs, the city is surrounded by ramparts and dominated by the Palace of Popes and it’s cathedral standing majestically on Doms Rock.
There are remote villages and delightful rural scenes to paint including rolling lavender fields, which should be in full bloom, the famous Cote du Rhone vineyards and the impressive Pont du Gard aqueduct.
Out hotel is right in the heart of Uzes and is itself a wonderful historic building and full of Provencal charm.
HAZEL SOAN is the hugely popular Watercolour Challenge TV artist. She has published several instructional books including Watercolour Landscape Techniques and African Watercolours. Hazel has a natural ability for teaching art and her more structured approach is particularly suited to beginners and intermediate students
Paint in Provence with Hazel SoanTo make an enquiry please call or
complete our enquiry form
- New Masai Mara Safari Departure - 26 June - 2 July 2017
- Two New Artists for 2018
- Painting the Arctic Wilderness and Northern Lights with Hazel Soan - August 2018
- Syria remembered by a group of artists - Painting in Syria 2010
- IUCN Red List of Threatened Species - Polar Bears (Ursus maritimus)
- Hoi An - A melting pot of history, architecture, colour and cooking.
- Brown Bears & Golden Eagles with naturalist & wildlife researcher Stephen Mills
- Polar Bears and Arctic Wildlife with Stephen Mills MA (Oxon)
- Special Masai Mara Safari with Jackson Looseyia