Paint in Sicily with Soraya French
Soraya French is drawn to the dynamic atmosphere, fantastic architecture and colours of Sicily. This holiday is based in the lovely old fishing village of Cefalu, on the north coast and a short distance from Palermo.
Cefalu has much to offer painters; it is in a dramatic location clinging to the coastline, its glorious Romanesque Cathedral towers over a maze of narrow streets and ascending terraces of houses down to the harbour. The heart of Cefalu has retained its medieval architecture including the remains of its 17th century ramparts, gateways and bell tower. The town has a weekly market and you will still find fishermen repairing their nets outside their houses.
Two days will be spent painting in the wonderful gardens of the Villas of Bagheria and the magnificent 12th century Monreale Cathedral.
Excellent accommodation is provided at a small family-run hotel on the waterfront and within two minutes walking distance of the old town. An accompanying travel director will ensure that all the travel and accommodation arrangements run smoothly and will be on hand to generally assist Soraya with the painting aspects of this holiday.
SORAYA FRENCH is a versatile artist with a very appealing and distinctive style – interchanging all mediums; watercolours, oils pastels, acrylics and mixed media to emphasize light and colour together with semi abstract passages and a sense of ambiguity. She regularly demonstrates her painting techniques to art groups and tutors residential courses. Her warm personality and desire to encourage everyone to improve and enjoy their painting will benefit students of all abilities.
Just 10-18 students will be joining Soraya French in Siciliy.
£2,195 per person, all-inclusive except for lunches.
Paint in Sicily with Soraya FrenchTo make an enquiry please call or
complete our enquiry form
- New Masai Mara Safari Departure - 26 June - 2 July 2017
- Two New Artists for 2018
- Painting the Arctic Wilderness and Northern Lights with Hazel Soan - August 2018
- Syria remembered by a group of artists - Painting in Syria 2010
- IUCN Red List of Threatened Species - Polar Bears (Ursus maritimus)
- Hoi An - A melting pot of history, architecture, colour and cooking.
- Polar Bears and Arctic Wildlife with Stephen Mills MA (Oxon)
- Special Masai Mara Safari with Jackson Looseyia
- Wolf Conservation Expedition, Ethiopia