Peter Brown NEAC
Peter Brown was born in Reading in 1967. He graduated in Fine Art from Manchester Polytechnic. He moved to Bath in 1993 and took up painting full-time in 1995.
He was elected a member of the New English Art Club, (NEAC), and in 2006 became the first Artist in Residence at the Savoy Hotel, London. In 2008 he won the Prince of Wales Award for Portrait Drawing.
Popularly known as “Pete the Street” from his practice of working on location in all weathers, he has developed a vigorous ‘en plein’ air style, and happily interacts with passers-by while at work. “Working is like a party. I need to be at the centre of things,” he has said. “Consciously or unconsciously, what I experience finds its way onto the canvas.”
He works in charcoal, oil and pastel and is currently working towards two major exhibitions.
He is perhaps best known for his detailed and atmospheric depictions of street scenes in Bath, London, Oxford, and Cambridge. He recently travelled with Ken Howard and Patrick Cullen to paint in India and was so enthralled by the new experiences and work he produced that he jumped at the opportunity to go and work in Havana. Publications include My Indian Travels and Brown’s Bath and Oil Sketches.
Join ‘Pete The Street’ on a painting holiday
Discover the breadth and depth of talent Peter Brown brings to the art world.
Current Trips with Peter Brown NEAC
complete our enquiry form
- New Masai Mara Safari Departure - 26 June - 2 July 2017
- Two New Artists for 2018
- Painting the Arctic Wilderness and Northern Lights with Hazel Soan - August 2018
- Syria remembered by a group of artists - Painting in Syria 2010
- IUCN Red List of Threatened Species - Polar Bears (Ursus maritimus)
- Hoi An - A melting pot of history, architecture, colour and cooking.
- Brown Bears & Golden Eagles with naturalist & wildlife researcher Stephen Mills
- Polar Bears and Arctic Wildlife with Stephen Mills MA (Oxon)
- Special Masai Mara Safari with Jackson Looseyia