David Bellamy is a professional watercolourist most famous for his paintings of mountains and wild coastal scenes, which stems from his fascination with the moods of nature in wild places.
David is a full time artist dividing his time between painting and writing instructional books and making art videos. He has written sixteen books to date – his latest published in 2012 is ‘Skies, Light & Atmosphere’.
Through his painting and writing David hopes to bring about a greater awareness of the threats to the natural environment, and he is particularly active in conserving the wild areas.
David first led a painting holiday for us to Morocco in 1992. Since then he has taken students to the Pyrenees, the Dolomites and more recently to Iceland, Canada and Zermatt. It is always a pleasure working with David – he is an attentive and supportive tutor and a warm and jovial host.
To learn more about David Bellamy click here
View our Painting holidays with professional artists
complete our enquiry form
- New Masai Mara Safari Departure - 26 June - 2 July 2017
- Two New Artists for 2018
- Painting the Arctic Wilderness and Northern Lights with Hazel Soan - August 2018
- Syria remembered by a group of artists - Painting in Syria 2010
- IUCN Red List of Threatened Species - Polar Bears (Ursus maritimus)
- Hoi An - A melting pot of history, architecture, colour and cooking.
- Polar Bears and Arctic Wildlife with Stephen Mills MA (Oxon)
- Special Masai Mara Safari with Jackson Looseyia
- Wolf Conservation Expedition, Ethiopia