Haidee-Jo Summers ROI
Haidee-Jo Summers is definitely an up and coming artist to follow. She graduated in 1994 with a BA Hons degree in illustration but knew early on that her future lay in oil painting. She started teaching life drawing on a part time basis and worked in a picture framers, whilst developing her own painting skills and exhibiting work. In 1997 she won her first prestigious prize at the Royal Institute of Oil painters. This was a turning point in Haidee-Jo’s career. As a young artist it’s tough to get known but by regularly entering competitions Haidee-Jo was successfully winning prizes and getting known.
Awarded Artist of the Year 2012 by the Society of All Artists and one of the few artists chosen by the BBC to paint the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Pageant from the Millennium bridge, Haidee-Jo is now a full-time professional artist known for painting landscapes and seascapes ‘en plein air’.
Haidee-Jo won the prestigious ‘The Artist Purchase Prize’ in 2014 at Patchings with her painting ‘Sails up in harbour’
Her work combines fresh and vibrant brushwork with sound drawing and keen observational skills which result in lively celebratory paintings that are full of light and colour.
Her work can be seen regularly at the Mall galleries London where she exhibits with the Royal Society of Marine Artists, the New English Art Club and the Royal Institute of Oil painters of which she is a full member.
Haidee-Jo now writes regularly for The Artist magazine and has recently started work on her first book on oil painting with Search Press, having previously produced a large body of work for the Encyclopaedia of Watercolour Techniques. She has also been busy working on her first DVD, “Vibrant Oils”, with APV films.
Paint with Haidee-Jo Summers
Haidee-Jo was a student on a couple of our painting holidays and gained much encouragement and support from Ken Howard RA. We are delighted that she is now one of our host artists and leading painting holidays for us in association with The Artist Magazine.
Current Trips with Haidee-Jo Summers ROI
complete our enquiry form
- Richard Pikesley, Patrick Cullen, Peter Brown & Hazel Soan have solo exhibitions in November & December 2017
- Ethiopian Wolf Conservation Expedition 2017
- Richard Pikesley PNEAC RWS London Exhibition 2 - 26 November 2017
- What it is really like to paint alongside Peter Brown - 'Pete The Street'
- Syria remembered by a group of artists - Painting in Syria 2010
- IUCN Red List of Threatened Species - Polar Bears (Ursus maritimus)
- Whales, Rails and Quails.... in Sri Lanka with David Lindo
- Indian Tiger Exclusive with Stephen Mills
- Wildebeest Migration in the Masai Mara with Jackson Looseyia