Ian has been painting since 1970. In the 1980’s and 1990’s he painted portraits to commission and began writing instructional books and illustrating books on art techniques including The Instant Artist, Collins & Brown. He is currently concentrating on the landscape in the UK and abroad working in watercolours, acrylics and oils. He regularly exhibits in London including the Royal Watercolour Society, Royal Institute of Painters in Watercolour, Royal Society of British Artists, the Pastel Society, the Royal Institute of Oil Painters. Ian taught in summer school in Italy for several years.
Ian is a great teacher and has led painting holiday to Venice for us.
To learn more about Ian Sidaway click here
View our Painting holidays with professional artists
complete our enquiry form
- What are the differences between a tailor-made holiday and a regular escorted packaged holiday?
- The why's and where fore's of travel insurance
- How to choose a safari
- Morocco – The Most Exotic Painting Destination Closest to Europe
- Extinct British Wildlife
- Is the fate of figurative artists to record the historical, religious and cultural heritage of places?
- Dawn to Dusk Safari in the Masai Mara with Jackson Looseyia
- Brown Bear Watching in Northern Finland
- Wildlife in Kafue National Park, Zambia with Stephen Mills MA (Oxon) MFA IAWF