Paint in Egypt with Tom Coates
Tom Coates has chosen to re-visit Egypt because it offers unrivalled subject matter for painters and the opportunity to paint one of the Seven Wonders of the World – the Great Pyramids at Giza, and to capture the changing colours and angles of sunrise and sunset at the temples of Luxor, Philae and Abu Simbel.
A direct scheduled flight from Heathrow to Luxor, immerses you in to the heart of the ancient Egyptian civilisation. Time will be spent painting the Luxor Temple with its famous avenue of Sphinxes, life on the banks of The Nile and in the nearby souk.
The Nubian town of Aswan is your next destination where there is something to suit every painter.Here the Nile is at its most beautiful with cataracts, islands and graceful feluccas and there are Nubian villages and the magnificent Temple of Philae to paint.
Upstream is Abu Simbel with its impressive statues, which are best painted at sunset and sunrise, so an overnight stay has been arranged for you.
Finally fly to the Great Pyramids at Giza to complete your painting experiences in the land of the Pharaohs.You should now be well prepared to paint what is probably the most spectacular of the Seven Wonders of the World.
There will be early starts most days to capture the sunrise over these iconic sites and to avoid the midday sun. There will also be a day spent cruising on The Nile in a traditional felucca.You will be staying in legendary hotels that offer the highest level of comfort – the Winter Palace, the Old Cataracts Hotel and the Mena House.
TOM COATES President of NEAC is a leading figurative painter and versatile artist and you will learn much from working alongside him. Tom is happy to give individual guidance and will encourage you to achieve exhibition standard. This ‘masterclass’ approach is best suited to intermediate and professional artists working in any medium.
Paint in Egypt with Tom CoatesTo make an enquiry please call or
complete our enquiry form
Wildlife & photographic hosts
- New Masai Mara Safari Departure - 26 June - 2 July 2017
- Two New Artists for 2018
- Painting the Arctic Wilderness and Northern Lights with Hazel Soan - August 2018
- Syria remembered by a group of artists - Painting in Syria 2010
- IUCN Red List of Threatened Species - Polar Bears (Ursus maritimus)
- Hoi An - A melting pot of history, architecture, colour and cooking.
- Brown Bears & Golden Eagles with naturalist & wildlife researcher Stephen Mills
- Polar Bears and Arctic Wildlife with Stephen Mills MA (Oxon)
- Special Masai Mara Safari with Jackson Looseyia