Paint the Cinque Terre with Hazel Soan
- Painting holiday in Italy with popular artist Hazel Soan
- The Cinque Terre’s vibrant colours inspired Paul Klee
- Paint the dramatic coastline along the Italian Riviera
- Instructional painting holiday for all students
- Excellent 4 star hotel accommodation
Paint the Cinque Terre with Hazel Soan
To make an enquiry please call or
complete our enquiry form
Where is the Cinque Terre?
Cinque Terre is a string of five villages clinging to the hillside along the beautifully rugged Italian Riviera. It is quite unique and designated a UNESECO World Heritage Site. The five villages are Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore. Their colourful houses cling to steep cliffs that plunge in to the deep blue water have inspired many artists and poets including Paul Klee, D H Lawrence, Shelley & Byron. Manarola’s cluster of pink, brown, yellow and light green houses and Vernazza’s picturesque harbour particularly appeal to Hazel Soan. All the villages have retained much of their original charm by resisting development and restricting their access. They remain accessible only by boat, train or hazardous narrow roads.
Painting in Italy
You will be based just along the coast in the attractive town of Portovenere, from where the ferries depart for the Cinque Terre. Portovenere is located on a rocky promontory and is as equally paintable as the Cinque Terre, with a busy harbour lined with pastel coloured buildings and views across to the Island of Palmaira. You will be staying in the luxury Grand Hotel Portovenere, which is superbly located overlooking the harbour and with fine views out to sea.
Your Painting Holiday Host – Artist Hazel Soan
Hazel Soan is a talented, versatile and popular artist, as well as an informative and inspirational teacher. Her enthusiasm and energy is infectious and her ability to draw out the best in students is quite remarkable. Hazel featured in the Watercolour Challenge TV series and has published many instructional books including Watercolour Rainbow and Watercolour Landscape Techniques.
Painting Holiday Programme
This is an instructional painting holiday suitable for intermediate students, confident beginners and experienced students seeking a refresher workshop. The location is perfect for painting seascapes and for using a really colourful palette and inspiring a more abstract style. Hazel Soan will be working with you every day – providing inspiration, encouragement and helping you select appropriate subjects to paint. Hazel will illustrate a wide range of the topics with talks and demonstrations. She will help you work through the challenges of painting en plein air as they happen. Three days will be spent painting in different Cinque Terre villages. Hazel will be working in watercolour but students may choose to work in any medium.
Paint the Cinque Terre Trip Details:
- Price per person: £2,995.00
- Single occupancy supplement: £500.00
- Number of students: 12 – 14
- Price includes: flights, hotel, breakfast and dinner daily, three return ferry tickets, art tutor and travel escort.
- This painting holiday is offered in association with The Artist & Leisure Painter magazines
Paint the Cinque Terre with Hazel SoanTo make an enquiry please call or
complete our contact form
- What are the differences between a tailor-made holiday and a regular escorted packaged holiday?
- The why's and where fore's of travel insurance
- How to choose a safari
- Morocco – The Most Exotic Painting Destination Closest to Europe
- Extinct British Wildlife
- Is the fate of figurative artists to record the historical, religious and cultural heritage of places?
- Dawn to Dusk Safari in the Masai Mara with Jackson Looseyia
- Brown Bear Watching in Northern Finland
- Wildlife in Kafue National Park, Zambia with Stephen Mills MA (Oxon) MFA IAWF