Paint in Cuba with Jenny Wheatley
Jenny Wheatley has chosen Cuba as a painting destination for it’s colourful Latin American aspects as well as it’s humble Caribbean lifestyle and the allure of a time-warped country. Cuba offers painters an endless palette of subjects with contrasting colours, architectural styles and a mix of rural and urban life.
This will be a two-centred painting holiday based in Old Havana and amongst the tobacco and sugar cane plantations in the Vinales area.
In Old Havana the overriding Hispanic influence sits alongside a simplistic Caribbean style and lavish Baroque architecture, whilst in the countryside traditional farming methods are practised and life is dependent on oxen and donkeys. In Old Havana, you will be immersed in the faded grandeur of one of the most beautiful cities in Latin America.
A few days will be spent in the rural heart of the island, amongst lush tropical vegetation teeming with hummingbirds and exotic butterflies and tobacco, coffee and sugar cane plantations amidst spectacular scenery.
Our hotel in Havana is one of the most historic and famous in Cuba, and is superbly located for painting Old Havana.Our country hotel is a charming colonial building in a beautiful and peaceful setting.
JENNY WHEATLEY RWS, NEAC is known for her use of warm bright colours and exuberant style as well as being one of the guest artists on the TV series Watercolour Challenge. Jenny is an enthusiastic tutor who focuses on teaching new techniques and encouraging you to be more productive. Her semi-structured approach is best suited to Intermediate students working in any medium.
Paint in Cuba with Jenny WheatleyTo make an enquiry please call or
complete our enquiry form
- New Wildebeest Migration Safari with Jackson Looseyia 4 - 9 August 2018
- Patrick Cullen's Solo Shows this Autumn
- Lachlan Goudie on BBC4 29 Aug 9pm
- What it is really like to paint alongside Peter Brown - 'Pete The Street'
- Syria remembered by a group of artists - Painting in Syria 2010
- IUCN Red List of Threatened Species - Polar Bears (Ursus maritimus)
- Wolf Conservation Expedition, Ethiopia
- Whales, Rails and Quails.... in Sri Lanka with David Lindo
- Indian Tiger Exclusive with Stephen Mills