Painting in Venice with Ken Howard OBE, RA
5th - 12th September 2015
One of the most renowned figurative artists of his generation invites students to paint alongside him in Venice.
Painting Venice with Royal Academy artist Ken Howard is a unique opportunity for painting enthusiasts and art students, not to be missed.
Venice has always inspired Ken. As author of the book ‘A Vision of Venice in Watercolour’ he has spent a lot of time in the city, capturing it in all it’s glory. With it’s myriad of canals, unique architecture and atmospheric lighting conditions – there really is nowhere else quite like Venice, making it the perfect location for this painting holiday.
As an expert on painting Venice, Ken Howard has his favourite locations and works from dawn to dusk, following the best light as it moves across the city. Ken will share his knowledge and experience in informative talks and presentations (he does not provide tuition, demonstrations or critics). Ken will be working in oil paints but all mediums are welcome and you may choose to work alongside him or independently.
Our central hotel accommodation is on Dorsoduro, near the Galleria dell’Accademia. It has a private courtyard which is perfect for painting and group meetings. Traditional Venetian suppers will be taken in a delightful nearby ristorante. Piazza San Marco, the Bridge of Sighs and the Rialto Bridge are just a short walk across the Grand Canal and vaporetti can take you further afield.
29 August – 5 September &
5 – 12 September 2015
Price per person : £2,995.00
Single room supplement: £200.00
Number of students: 7 – 11 per week
Price includes: Direct scheduled flights on British Airways, 7 nights hotel, breakfast and dinner daily, accompanying travel escort and guest artist.
Painting in Venice with Ken Howard OBE, RATo make an enquiry please call or
complete our enquiry form
- Richard Pikesley, Patrick Cullen, Peter Brown & Hazel Soan have solo exhibitions in November & December 2017
- Ethiopian Wolf Conservation Expedition 2017
- Richard Pikesley PNEAC RWS London Exhibition 2 - 26 November 2017
- What it is really like to paint alongside Peter Brown - 'Pete The Street'
- Syria remembered by a group of artists - Painting in Syria 2010
- IUCN Red List of Threatened Species - Polar Bears (Ursus maritimus)
- Whales, Rails and Quails.... in Sri Lanka with David Lindo
- Indian Tiger Exclusive with Stephen Mills
- Wildebeest Migration in the Masai Mara with Jackson Looseyia