Painting in Venice with Ken Howard OBE, RA
5th - 12th September 2015
One of the most renowned figurative artists of his generation invites students to paint alongside him in Venice.
Painting Venice with Royal Academy artist Ken Howard is a unique opportunity for painting enthusiasts and art students, not to be missed.
Venice has always inspired Ken. As author of the book ‘A Vision of Venice in Watercolour’ he has spent a lot of time in the city, capturing it in all it’s glory. With it’s myriad of canals, unique architecture and atmospheric lighting conditions – there really is nowhere else quite like Venice, making it the perfect location for this painting holiday.
As an expert on painting Venice, Ken Howard has his favourite locations and works from dawn to dusk, following the best light as it moves across the city. Ken will share his knowledge and experience in informative talks and presentations (he does not provide tuition, demonstrations or critics). Ken will be working in oil paints but all mediums are welcome and you may choose to work alongside him or independently.
Our central hotel accommodation is on Dorsoduro, near the Galleria dell’Accademia. It has a private courtyard which is perfect for painting and group meetings. Traditional Venetian suppers will be taken in a delightful nearby ristorante. Piazza San Marco, the Bridge of Sighs and the Rialto Bridge are just a short walk across the Grand Canal and vaporetti can take you further afield.
29 August – 5 September &
5 – 12 September 2015
Price per person : £2,995.00
Single room supplement: £200.00
Number of students: 7 – 11 per week
Price includes: Direct scheduled flights on British Airways, 7 nights hotel, breakfast and dinner daily, accompanying travel escort and guest artist.
Painting in Venice with Ken Howard OBE, RATo make an enquiry please call or
complete our contact form
- What are the differences between a tailor-made holiday and a regular escorted packaged holiday?
- The why's and where fore's of travel insurance
- How to choose a safari
- Morocco – The Most Exotic Painting Destination Closest to Europe
- Extinct British Wildlife
- Is the fate of figurative artists to record the historical, religious and cultural heritage of places?
- Dawn to Dusk Safari in the Masai Mara with Jackson Looseyia
- Brown Bear Watching in Northern Finland
- Wildlife in Kafue National Park, Zambia with Stephen Mills MA (Oxon) MFA IAWF