Painting in Venice with Ken Howard OBE, RA
5th - 12th September 2015
One of the most renowned figurative artists of his generation invites students to paint alongside him in Venice.
Painting Venice with Royal Academy artist Ken Howard is a unique opportunity for painting enthusiasts and art students, not to be missed.
Venice has always inspired Ken. As author of the book ‘A Vision of Venice in Watercolour’ he has spent a lot of time in the city, capturing it in all it’s glory. With it’s myriad of canals, unique architecture and atmospheric lighting conditions – there really is nowhere else quite like Venice, making it the perfect location for this painting holiday.
As an expert on painting Venice, Ken Howard has his favourite locations and works from dawn to dusk, following the best light as it moves across the city. Ken will share his knowledge and experience in informative talks and presentations (he does not provide tuition, demonstrations or critics). Ken will be working in oil paints but all mediums are welcome and you may choose to work alongside him or independently.
Our central hotel accommodation is on Dorsoduro, near the Galleria dell’Accademia. It has a private courtyard which is perfect for painting and group meetings. Traditional Venetian suppers will be taken in a delightful nearby ristorante. Piazza San Marco, the Bridge of Sighs and the Rialto Bridge are just a short walk across the Grand Canal and vaporetti can take you further afield.
29 August – 5 September &
5 – 12 September 2015
Price per person : £2,995.00
Single room supplement: £200.00
Number of students: 7 – 11 per week
Price includes: Direct scheduled flights on British Airways, 7 nights hotel, breakfast and dinner daily, accompanying travel escort and guest artist.
Painting in Venice with Ken Howard OBE, RATo make an enquiry please call or
complete our enquiry form
- New Masai Mara Safari Departure - 26 June - 2 July 2017
- Two New Artists for 2018
- Painting the Arctic Wilderness and Northern Lights with Hazel Soan - August 2018
- Syria remembered by a group of artists - Painting in Syria 2010
- IUCN Red List of Threatened Species - Polar Bears (Ursus maritimus)
- Hoi An - A melting pot of history, architecture, colour and cooking.
- Brown Bears & Golden Eagles with naturalist & wildlife researcher Stephen Mills
- Polar Bears and Arctic Wildlife with Stephen Mills MA (Oxon)
- Special Masai Mara Safari with Jackson Looseyia